Petit Smiles, LLC (”Petit Smiles” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.petitsmiles.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on this Website. It does not apply to information collected by us offline, in our dental office, or through any other means; or by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website. It also does not apply to individually identifiable health information (see our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices).
HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 ("HIPAA") imposes numerous requirements on us regarding how certain individually identifiable health information – known as protected health information or PHI – may be used and disclosed. We provide a separate HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices to our patients at the time of service delivery that contains important information regarding our patients’ medical information. If you are a patient of ours, you may ask us to give you a copy of this Notice at any time.
Children Under the Age of 13
Petit Smiles offers pediatric dental services, but our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 on the Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at info (at) petitsmiles dot com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website that may personally identify you (“personal information”):
- If you contact us using our Contact form, you provide us with your name, e-mail address, or telephone number; or
- If you request an appointment using our Website’s chat feature, you also provide us with information about a child patient, such as name, parents’ names, date of birth, gender, home address and telephone number, and dental insurance information.
- When you visit our Website, we may also collect information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies. We collect this information automatically as you navigate through the site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. In some cases, pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Petit Smiles, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Petit Smiles’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Petit Smiles about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
You may also send us an email at info (at) petitsmiles dot com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have no control over information that you may have shared directly with a third-party or third-party site. If you need to exercise any of your data subject rights with respect to information you provided to a third party, you must contact that third party.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
1535 Sunset Drive
Coral Gables, FLFL
Call +1 (800) 895-1570