Your Pediatric Dentist at Petit Smiles will always recommend a clinical exam at every dental check-up. These Dental examinations help us diagnose, at an early stage, making treatments less invasive to your child.
Clinical exams performed by our Pediatric Dentists involve the following:
- Visual Examination of tooth decay
- Gum disease evaluation
- Growth and development assessment
- Orthodontic needs evaluation
- Oral cancer screening
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays in order to look for cysts, tumors and any other diseases unable to see with your eyes only.
- Evaluation of current fillings in the mouth
- • Caries Risk Assessment; a thorough evaluation that determines a risk category for your child allowing your Pediatric Dentist to design a personalized preventive program of home care for your child.